Last updated December 22, 2014
Collection and Use of Internet Data
DoubleVerify uses various technologies, described below, to collect information about online advertising and website traffic in order to deliver the following advertising transparency and accountability services to our advertising customers (collectively, “DoubleVerify Services”):
– Data reporting about the context in which advertisements are displayed and information about whether an ad being displayed is in compliance with: (1) the customer’s contractual terms; (2) the insertion order governing our customer’s campaign; and/or (3) profile settings our customer has established in our system.
– Preemptive decisioning of impression opportunities, meaning that DoubleVerify technology analyzes the available data characteristics of an impression opportunity and determines—using customer-established profile settings—whether the customer’s advertisement should be displayed or not.
– Delivery information about the viewability of online display advertising, including: (1) whether an advertisement meets certain criteria, set by industry standards boards and/or the client to be counted as a “Viewed Impression;” (2) how long the advertisement was displayed in the consumer’s browser; and (3) other key information about the display characteristics of the creative on the consumer’s browser.
– We may work (with our partners) to anonymously integrate advertising impression data with data that our partners independently collect to deliver enhanced ad measurement services such as augmented and aggregated audience demographic reporting of campaign impressions viewed or brand lift metrics.
– Website visitation characteristics including visitor quality, fraud identification and other quality characteristics necessary to determine agreement compliance.